The goals of the CKCIE Early Childhood Disability Program for children 0-3 are:
- to maintain a systematic process for screening and utilizing services already available to assure that all children considered to be at risk shall receive or have available periodic screening to identify possible needs.
- to maintain a systematic, coordinated referral process among interagency participants to assure that children from birth to age three identified as high risk shall be referred for further evaluation. Throughout this process the lawful custodian will assume the responsibility of primary case manager.
- to maintain a central clearinghouse for information concerning programs and services which are available for children with disabilities.
The goals of the CKCIE Early Childhood Disability Program for children ages 3-5 are:
- to provide comprehensive evaluation to all children who have a potential need for Early Childhood Disability (ECD) services.
- to provide an appropriate educational program for children who meet the criteria for Early Childhood Disability.
- to provide information and consultation about community service providers for children who have been evaluated and found not eligible for Early Childhood Disability services.
Last Modified on December 16, 2013