Heartland Child Care Partnerships (HCCP)
Partnering Head Start/Early Head Start Child Care
· Heartland Child Care Partnerships (HCCP) help income eligible families reduce the cost of child care while the parents are working or attending school.
· HCCP is offered to families who have children ages newborn to five years old. Parents must be working or attending school at least 30 hours a week.
· HCCP provides full day, full year early education programming in local family child care homes and child care centers in Abilene and Salina.
· All partnering child care classrooms are required to meet the Head Start Performance Standards.
· Home visitors and teaching staff meet with parents during the year to discuss each child’s progress and to set goals for further development.
· Home visitors help parents expand their knowledge about child development, health, nutrition, child care, budgeting, job skills, and transitioning to kindergarten. Other services available to families include; social services, nutrition services, mental health services and parenting coach services.
· Currently, HCCP serves about 126 families in Salina and Dickinson counties and partners with 5 child care centers and 1 family child care home.
Julie Leiker: Program Coordinator, Saline County
700 Jupiter, Salina, KS 67401 785-309-5075 fax 785-309-5001 email Intake Specialist
505 NW 3rd Ste. 2, Abilene, KS 67410 785-263-0210 fax 785-263-0612 email Intake Specialist