Home-Based Early Head Start
· Home-Based Early Head Start serves families with pregnant women and children ages birth through five.
· Social services, nutrition services, and mental health services are also available for children and families.
· Nurses and early childhood specialists make weekly home visits to help parents learn about child development. This is done through regular meetings that offer parents information on discipline, nutrition and other topics. These meetings also give children and adults a chance to interact with other families, participate in activities or just play.
· Family health is monitored during home visits by nurses and early education specialists.
· Parents who work or go to school full-time may choose to place their children in Heartland Child Care Partnerships.
· The High School Program is a licensed child care center located at 700 Jupiter Avenue in Salina.
· Currently, Home-Based Early Head Start serves about 88 families in Saline, Dickinson and Ellsworth Counties.
In Salina or Ellsworth, call 785-309-5075 or email the intake specialist for enrollment information.
In Dickinson County, call 785-263-0210 or email the intake specialist for enrollment information.
700 Jupiter, Salina, KS 67401 785-309-5000 fax 785-309-5001
505 NW 3rd, Ste. 2, Abilene, KS 67410 785-263-0210 fax 785-263-0612