Heartland PreschoolHead Start
· Heartland Preschool provides free early education programming.
· Social services, nutrition services, mental health services are also available for children and families.
· This inclusive program is available for children from three to five who meet income guidelines. Professionals provide center based services for eligible children in Abilene, Enterprise, Ellsworth, and Salina.
· Home visitors help parents learn about child development, health, nutrition, child care, budgeting, job skills, and transitioning to kindergarten.
· Part-day classes are held Monday through Thursday, August through May.
School-day classes are held Monday through Friday, August through May.
· Currently, Heartland Preschool serves about 250 families in Saline, Dickinson and Ellsworth Counties. Home visitors and teaching staff meet with parents during the school year to discuss each child’s progress. Parents are strongly urged to volunteer in the classroom.
In Salina, call 785-309-5075 or email the intake specialist for enrollment information.
In Dickinson County, call 785-263-0210 or email the intake specialist for enrollment information.In Ellsworth County, call 785-472-5254 or email the intake specialist for enrollment information.
Click HERE for Application
700 Jupiter, Salina, KS 67401 785-309-5000 fax 785-309-5001
505 NW 3rd, Ste. 2, Abilene, KS 67410 785-263-0210 fax 785-263-0612