High School Program
· The High School Program provides early learning opportunities and child care for children birth to three of parenting teens enrolled in Salina high schools or middle schools. Social services, nutrition services, mental health services and parenting coach services are also available for children and families.
· The Heartland Early Learning Program is located at 700 Jupiter Avenue.
· Home visitors help parents learn about child development, health, nutrition, budgeting, mental health, child care, employment, transportation, as well as provide guidance in maintaining grades, school attendance and college plans.
· Weekly parent support groups are provided at South High and Central High schools during the school year by Heartland home visitors.
· Socialization/playgroups are offered monthly during the school year and weekly during the summer break.
· Currently, the High School Program serves about 12 infants and toddlers.
Julie Leiker: Program Coordinator
Call (785)309-5000 or email the Early Education Specialist for enrollment information.700 Jupiter, Salina, KS 67401 785-309-5000 fax 785-309-5001