2016-2017 Salina USD 305 Board of EducationOctober 9, 2018
Classified Transfer(s) for 2018-2019
- Boor, Matthew, night custodian/South High School, night custodian/Lakewood Middle School
- Johnson, Jane, application technician I/MIS, information system technician/MIS
Classified Appointment(s) for 2018-2019
- Cockrell, Ronda, teacher assistant III, Heartland Early Education
- Collier, Robert, Title I instructional assistant, Cottonwood Elementary
- Cotton, Paula, paraeducator, Coronado Elementary/CKCIE
- Cunningham, Azalia, Title I instructional assistant, Oakdale Elementary
- Deckert, Laura, paraeducator, Coronado Elementary/CKCIE
- Gregg, Mikayla, paraeducator, South High School/CKCIE
- Hartman Koch, Abigail, Title I instructional assistant, Sunset Elementary
- Main, Jarrod, night custodian, Central High School
- Olea Chavez, Gillermina, bilingual educational support staff, Sunset Elementary
- Peace, Amber, accounting technician, District Office
- Reinsch, Morgan, paraeducator, South High School/CKCIE
- Swanson, Nicole, bus monitor, Heartland Early Education
- Tiernan, Patrick, overnight custodian, Central High School
Classified Resignation(s) for 2018-2019
- Budke, Diane, paraeducator, Coronado Elementary/CKCIE
- Carrasco, Gloria, night custodian, South High School
- Diaz, Maria, night custodian, Cottonwood Elementary
- Hitchcock, Kelsey, paraeducator, CKCIE/Solomon High School
- Hoelting, Daryl, events coordinator, South Middle School
- Jermark, Bray, Head Start teacher, Heartland Early Education
- Walker, Christopher, custodian, Cottonwood Elementary
- Walker, Samantha, paraeducator, Lakewood Middle School/CKCIE
Appointment of Supplemental Contract(s) for 2018-2019
- Slade, TJ, track assistant high school, South High School
- Werth, Kim, .5 FTE National Honor Society sponsor, Central High School
Resignation of Certified Contract(s) for 2018-2019
- Haislett, Kristen, school nurse, Oakdale Elementary
Retirement of Certified Contract(s) for 2018-2019
- Ferguson, Terry, math, South Middle School
- Finch, Doug, physical education, Central High School
- Wolf, Kurt, art, South High School
Copy Paper Bid
The board of education approved the bid of $43,344 from Western-BRW Paper Co. for 16,800 reams of white paper.
Out of-State Field Trip
The board of education approved the Central High FFA trip to Indianapolis, IN on October 24-27, 2018.
The board of education received the audit for fiscal year 2018.
2018 KASB Delegate and Alternate
The board of education appointed Ann Zimmerman, board member, as its representative to the Kansas Association of School Boards (KASB) Delegate Assembly. Jim Fletcher, board member, was appointed as alternate.
The board of education approved a special meeting for Monday, October 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. at the district office in the Schmidt Room to meet with the Kansas Association of School Boards to review the key dates of the superintendent search timeline and review Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the process.
The board of education approved on second reading the following policies: AF-School Day, BCAC-Special Meetings, BCBD-Agenda, BCBG-Voting Method, CED-Appointment, DC-Annual Operating Budget, DE-Fraud Prevention and Investigations, DEA-Whistleblowers, DFE-Investment of Funds, DIC-Inventories, DJB-Petty Cash Accounts, DJEB-Quality Control, DJED-Bids and Quotations Requirements, DJEF-Requisitions, DK-Student Activity Fund Management, DP-Collection Procedures, GAAF-Emergency Safety Intervention, GAD-Employee Development Opportunities, GBO-Resignation, IDACA-Special Education Services, JCAC-Interrogations and Investigations, and JDDA-Drug Free Schools.
School Board Reports
- Gary Denning, board member, attended the Opportunity Now Open House and spoke to the Central High School faculty on behalf of the Salina Education Foundation (SEF).
- Jim Fletcher, board member, attended the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting, the Kansas Association of School Boards (KASB) Regional meeting, the Opportunity Now Open House and the Heartland Policy Council meeting.
- Ann Zimmerman, board member, attended the Smoky Hill Education Service Center Executive Cabinet meeting, the Opportunity Now Open House and the KASB Regional meeting.
- Emma Doherty, board member, attended the KASB Regional meeting.
- Carol Brandert, vice president, attended the NEA-Salina Executive meeting, the Opportunity Now Open House and the KASB Regional meeting.
- Nedra Elbl, president, attended the SEF Loan Initiative for Future Teachers dinner, the KASB Regional meeting and joined Dr. Randy Watson, Kansas Commissioner of Education, for a tour of South High School.
Upcoming Dates of Importance
- Thursday, October 25, Legislative Forum, Chamber Annex, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 8, SHESC Legislative Luncheon, SHESC, 10:00 a.m.
- November 30-December 2, KASB Annual Convention, Overland Park
Dr. James Hardy, superintendent of schools, attended the Kansas Wesleyan University (KWU) trustees meeting to present information about the collaboration between KWU and USD 305. Dr. Hardy provided a tour of South High School for Gerrett Morris, candidate for the 69th District seat in the Kansas House of Representatives.
The board of education recessed into executive session for personnel.
The board of education reviewed public information services.